Let’s face it: Funerals are always hard. They are emotionally draining and upsetting, but it’s even more difficult when crafting short verses for funeral flower cards.
21 Condolence Quotes
21 Condolence Quotes
Finding the words for a funeral card can put a lot of pressure on you alongside the grief you’re already experiencing. It’s understandable to want your funeral flower cards expressive enough to show how special the deceased was to you.
But getting that across isn’t easy. Coming up with something to reflect the grief and sadness of the moment whilst still being succinct is a challenge.
A good way to help make your message more memorable is with short verses for funeral flower cards.
Short verses for funeral flower cards about loss, love, and life can express what we’re thinking or feeling in a better way. Here are 110 card wordings and samples to get you started.
- Short Verses For Funeral Flower Cards
- Inspiring Quotes For Funeral Flowers And Cards
- What To Write On Funeral Flowers Card From Grandchildren
- What To Write On Funeral Flowers For Dad And Mom
- What To Write On Funeral Flowers For A Friend
- Funeral Card Messages Examples
- Funeral Quotes For A Good Man
Short Verses For Funeral Flower Cards
It’s okay to keep the message on your funeral flowers straightforward. When someone is grieving the loss of a loved one, a few simple words may go a long way toward expressing your concern and providing genuine solace.
Furthermore, the space on cards delivered with flowers is sometimes limited and does not allow for long statements. Check out the following list of Short verses for funeral flower cards:
1. I wish I knew your mother. It sounds like she was an incredible woman. Sending many hugs, my friend. You are in my thoughts.
2. My sincerest condolences to every family member and friend as we honor __. She/he will be forever missed.
3. __ will continue to bloom in our souls like lovely flowers for the rest of our lives.
4. We’ll always recall every good time we shared with __.
5. It was easy to lose you but it’ll be harder to live with you.
6. You deserve all the honor and decorations in this world.
7. While we aren’t physically with you, we still dwell together in spirit.
8. We celebrate you forever. You can’t die and we’ll spread your memories everywhere.
9. In grateful memory of __, you are deeply loved but never forgotten.
10. Words fail to describe how much I’ll miss you. Rest in peace.
11. I owe my all to you. Thank you for being the best mum.
12. I’ll treasure those moments and remember you fondly every day.
13. You filled my life with joy. You are dearly missed.
14. You left us with a gap, we’ll fill it with treasured thoughts of you.
15. Light may have gone, but it now lives in your souls.
Related Post: Tribute Messages To Grandfather
Inspiring Quotes For Funeral Flowers And Cards
Funerals are melancholy occasions, but hearing some encouraging words can help us focus on the good things the departed provided to us and on their well-lived life.
Here are some inspiring quotes for funeral flowers and cards you can use for a loved one:
1. Grief shows you’re human. It reveals your concern and love for the lost soul. Be happy to show this side of love from grief.
2. I miss you and I’m sad you’re not with me anymore. But I’m grateful to have loved you. This gratitude triumphs over my grief.
3. Your love is cemented in my heart. I cannot help but search the crowds for you, though you’re no longer here.
4. You came into my life as a blessing and a lesson. You made my life rich as a blessing. You taught me how to be a blessing.
5. You played a melody in her heart that no one else can play again. I’ll continue to relive that melody.
6. You touched my life for a moment, yet I’m different since then. That moment stayed with me for life.
7. This pain of losing you makes me more compassionate towards others. It humbles the heart and makes a good person a better one.
8. When you lose a loved one, he or she is now a memory; a memory you’ll treasure the most.
9. We may not see beyond the grief today, but we’ll look back in the hope we’ll receive comfort tomorrow.
10. Our memory of a loved one helps us hold on to what we loved, what we built together, and what we refuse to lose.
11. Never loving brings loss, but loving someone brings grief. Yet grief is nothing compared with never taking the risk to love. That is a different kind of pain.
12. You may joy stop grief from happening, but you can choose not to hold grief to heart.
13. Death brings incurable heartache; love brings a memory bound to you for life.
14. Grief isn’t some sickness or weakness. It’s a necessity for your health, the consequence of love. You can only be cured of grief by grieving.
15. For years, our lives were shared. I gave you my hand, and you gave me your heart. We enjoyed a lot of blessings and little tears, but one must part now, but only for a short time.
16. We don’t have to depend on our memories to capture the hearts of our lost loved ones. They dwell in a sanctuary in our souls, far away from death’s grip.
Related Post: Tribute Messages For Grandmother
What To Write On Funeral Flowers Card From Grandchildren
The grandparents in our lives are such great and significant people. With them, we form incredibly strong ties that are unique from other kinds of partnerships.
Therefore, you’ll want to remember your grandparents and show your respect for them when you have to attend their funeral after they die.
Sending your grandparents beautiful funeral flowers together with a heartfelt note is a nice way to honor them and keep in mind everything they meant to you.
It might be difficult to know what to write on funeral flowers card from grandchildren to grandparents.
Stress no further as I’ve listed ideas you can use and tweak to your taste.
1. I know you’re resting in heavenly bliss, though I wish you could spend more time with me. Miss you grandpa.
2. You are the parent I never had. No one can take your special place in my life. Goodbye, granny.
3. I hoped you’d recover from that illness so you could teach me golf. But I’m happy you’re free. May you be happy where you are. Rip grandpa
4. You had a vibrant spirit and a strong personality. Your great wisdom will be missed. Goodnight granny.
5. We were so unprepared to lose you that we thought you would spend a vacation with us. We treasure you and your moments for life grandpa.
6. Grandma reminds me of sweet oyster dishes and the yummiest ginger cookies. I wish I had more memories with you. Miss you granny.
7. We may never get over losing your grandma. You are still alive in our hearts.
8. I’ve always felt safe with you grandpa. I didn’t know if I’ll cope now you’re gone keep watching me from heaven.
9. It breaks my heart you’re not here anymore granny. Your grandkids love you!
10. We are heartbroken but grandpa’s love will continue to fill our hearts.
11. We will cherish the memories we shared with our kind-hearted and warm granny.
12. I hope these flowers express the depth of your importance to me. We’ll reunite my wonderful grandpa.
13. I would turn to you whenever I needed help. My heart aches when I think you won’t be here anymore. Rest on granny!
14. I may not be able to mourn with my family, but accept my deep love in celebration of grandpa.
15. Your prayers and guidance have always kept me on the right path. You were my anchor grandpa. Farewell. I’m glad I’m part of such an important heritage. Goodbye, my awesome granny.
16. I’m blessed to have an inspiring mama as a grandpa in my life. Thank you for being an amazing man.
17. Grandpa was a joy to be around. Your grandkids will miss you badly.
Related Post: Anniversary Tribute Messages
What To Write On Funeral Flowers For Dad And Mom
Our parents are our first loves, and we must revere them. I’ve compiled some templates to guide you on what to write on funeral flowers for dad and mom if you’d want to say something more personal than “Thinking of you.”
Select the most appropriate option to send write to your beloved dad and mum:
1. Dearest mum and dad, you both are loved now and forever. Your memories still cleave to my heart. You surely are blessed with peace.
2. To my parents, I’m sending my love using these flowers as you both are laid to rest. I pray you both enjoy eternal bliss, and I receive the strength to overcome this grief.
3. All I have now are those good and bad moments we have shared as a family. These will be relieved as often as I can till we reunite again. Stay peaceful.
4. I’m sending my biggest wishes through this flower card. Nothing can replace your essence in my life. May your soul be made whole again.
5. You both are the reason I existed. You taught and guided me to become a responsible adult. Your lessons will live on as I grow. May your souls rest in perfect peace.
6. Sending every care I have through these funeral flowers to my sweet parents. I’ll miss you two for life. May your souls be at ease wherever you are.
7. Dad and mum, may your souls light up heaven. I’ll watch out for your stars at night. I miss you both.
8. I doubt this heartbreak will stop anytime soon. So I don’t have anyone to call dad and mum anymore. Rest on my lovely parents.
9. I think every day of what you two did for me. You made growing up days fun for me. You are the parents every child deserves to have. Goodbye, mum and dad.
10. Sometimes, we’re on different pages, but we’re always close. You still gave me a listening ear, and for everything, I’m grateful.
11. You both were my icons. I lived by the examples you showed me. You were my lifeguards. Now I feel incomplete with your absence. Sleep on.
12. You both lived and enjoyed life. You both lived with simplicity. You both held high moral standards. You showed me that life must be loved well. Your legacy must be kept.
13. I cry daily because I miss you both. I’m alive. I wish I could talk to you one last time.
14. I’m heartbroken you both are gone. You both were dearly loved. Facing reality is so hard. My heart is bleeding.
15. You both are the best parents any child could ask for. The days are going to be tougher without you two. Still, thank you both for the gifts you have been.
Related Post: Tribute Messages For A Good Friend
What To Write On Funeral Flowers For A Friend
Grief and despair accompany the loss of a friend, leaving a significant void in one’s life. Therefore, writing messages for your buddy’s passing demonstrates your love, care, and concern for him or her while also helping the friend feel comforted.
Along with funeral flowers for the wreath, here’s what to write on funeral flowers for a friend:
1. Today marks a tough journey of living without you. It’s still unfathomable we won’t even get to talk again. Please receive all my love for you via these flowers.
2. You’re my friend whose footprint is etched in my heart. You still live on.
3. You’ve always loved jasmine. May the sweet scent ease your soil and surround you as you ascend into eternity. Rest well, friend!
4. I’m still tongue-tied over your untimely death. I wonder why the soil reaper took you beforehand. I’ve created a memory bank got you. You reside in the deepest crevices of my heart.
5. Death has done its worst, but it couldn’t take the impact you had on me. I’ll forever cherish what we had.
6. We’ve been together through thick and thin. I’ve been your rock, you’ve been my support. Now without you, it seems I’ll fall, but I’ll let your pictures comfort me.
7. I’ll never recover from losing my best friend. Part of me was formed by you. You transformed me. I can only pray your soul is tested in the afterlife.
8. Your life only reveals greatness. You’ve been an inspiring force. Enjoy heaven, for your reward, must be great.
9. Thank you for those fun moments you gave me. I look back at them with a bitter-sweet feeling. I’ll never forget my homie.
10. Earlier on, there was a deeper heaviness in my heart, it was as if I wanted to explode in pain. Then I remembered your soothing voice and I calmed down. I miss you, friend.
11. I thought I had many years to spend together. Wasn’t it just 5 years we had? Life is indeed so short. You left too soon my friend. Farewell!
12. You left all we built in a short time. You couldn’t even reap the benefits of your labor. I’m sure heaven is celebrating your heaven. Rest on pal!
13. It’s not news one has to leave at some point, but one death brings heavy burdens to bear. People like you are meant to live long, maybe heaven needed more angels. Sleep on friend.
14. Sometimes I wonder why God doesn’t allow angels to live long. Why does he send them here anyway? I’m still shocked you’re gone. I guess I’ll have to deal with this soon. Sleep on.
15. With you life was beautiful. I thought I had it all with you, but life showed me its cruel side by taking you away. My deepest desire is to have you back, but that’s impossible now. Goodnight __.
Related Post: Short Tribute To A Loving Mother
Funeral Card Messages Examples
The first step in lending a helping hand during catastrophes in life is to just do it; frequently, it’s the act of attempting and reaching out that counts the most. But it will be well worth the effort if you can provide words of comfort to individuals who are grieving.
These funeral card messages examples will help you discover comforting words to say to friends and family when you’re at a loss for words.
1. It’s a cruel fate to lose someone like ___. Time may heal this wound but he/she remains unforgettable.
2. I can only hope for the sun to brighten our lives, and plenty of happiness so our spirit will come alive in these trying times. May the time spent with __ bring bigger joys to us.
3. Words may fail to heal sometimes, but I hope tomorrow brings us more gentle comfort to our souls.
4. We have lost a blessing from God. Now we can only pray God blesses and strengthens us in different ways.
5. My little girl was such a spark. I’m sure she’s now an angel in eternity.
6. Saying goodbye to a baby is tough. Little __ was a bright light. I wish I could reduce this pain you feel. I’ll be here for you.
7. To a fantastic sister, I’m honored to be friends with you. Rest in perfect peace.
8. You were more special than I initially realized. You remain irreplaceable.
9. You were a huge personality with a big heart. People flocked around you because of your life-giving energy. Thank you for being a positive person. Keep resting.
10. Losing you, grandma, is disturbing. You were an extraordinary woman; life’s greatest celebration. Thank you for being a positive person. Keep resting.
11. You were my best aunty. You always prioritized the family and you gave without limits. Christmas and other family celebrations will be different without your yummy cookies.
12. You were a fun personality. Being around you was like being with the sun and clear skies. No matter what happened, I felt I could take on the world because you were there. I hope you’re having fun in eternity.
13. Dad and mum, you both were great people, and you raised a wonderful family. My siblings and I will comfort each other as we learn to live without you two.
14. Hubby, you have a bad habit of leaving me sometimes, but you left me forever this time. I’ll be comforted by your thoughts of you. Wait for me in heaven.
Related Post: Remembrance Tribute To An Icon
Funeral Quotes For A Good Man
If there is a good man who has greatly impacted your community and has passed on, like many others, you may want to celebrate him. Feel free to use any of these funeral quotes for a good man to celebrate him.
1. You came. You fought. You conquered. Now take the glory while we remember you forever.
2. You gave it all. You’ve paid your dues you were a sober man with a fierce passion to serve. You’re a true hero.
3. You may be gone now, but many thanks for the legacy of excellence you left us with. We will forge higher because of you.
4. All your little acts of love and kindness have made a mansion for you in heaven. You’ll never die again.
5. Although, your earthly time is over. Thousands hold you in their hearts. You were a great man. Your soul can only be a light above.
6. Losing him is like having a festering wound that refuses to heal. We can pray that his soul is received by the Lord.
7. To all who knew him, he was the lion of our time. The world has lost unique greatness. May he receive peace in the heavens.
8. Losing a good man like that saddens all mankind. Even the earth has been quieted by this loss. Rest in peace, giant!
9. He touched so many lives in ways that it’ll take many generations to repay. His position in our hearts is only secure and we’ll forever honor the man he was.
10. Her life is with honor. His many contributions formed the hallmark of this society. He remained the bedrock of this society. Unforgettable soul.
11. We can only be grateful that a man of such stature was sent to reside amongst us for through our encounter with men like him, we also became giants.
12. For some like him, the heavens can only say well done.
13. You sacrificed much so we could become strong people. We owe you our lives
14. Your life taught us we must always live by the highest ideals, and do what is worthy for generations unborn.
15. You were duty conscious, a man unlike any in his time. Instead of mourning, we celebrate you today.